OBJECTIVES OF ISHAN UDAY SCHOLARSHIP
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Table of Contents
Important Web Link
Scope of Ishan Uday
Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15
for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Rs.5400/- per month for the general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for
- Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during the year 2017-18.
- Secured admission in the first year of any degree course, either general degree course or technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute:-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
Note: 1) For students of integrated degree couses, scholarship will be tenable for the complete
duration of the course.
2)For dual degree course, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of first
For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student
should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be
followed as per Government of India norms.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programmeunder any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annumrsuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of degree.
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files on the basis of the nomenclature of course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/ technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical). Payments will be generated on annual basis.
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of a annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- 1.Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- 2.Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- 3.For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.