- The online Application will be received with effect from 15-10-2023 and the last date of receiving Application will be 01-11-2023.
- Pay Scale of Rs. 14000- 60500/- (Pay Band No.2) plus Rs. 8700/- Grade Pay plus other Allowances
- Application fee nill
Table of Contents
DETAILS OF VACANCIES
Total number of posts- 144. The category wise distribution of the posts as per post base roster is as under
- 30% (thirty percent) of the vacancies in each category are reserved for Women.
- 3% of total posts within the quota of OBC/MOBC Communities will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Tea Tribes and Adivasi Communities (Govt. of Assam O.M. No. ABP.98/2023/9 dated 03-10-2023).
Candidate should not be more than 26 years and not less than 20 years of age as on 01-01-2023. (Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-2003 and on or after 01-01-1997).
Relaxation: Upper age limit will be relaxed for:
(i) 5 (five) years in respect of Candidates belonging to SC, ST (P) and ST (H).
(ii) 3 (three) years in respect of Candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC.
The Candidate must be a graduate in Arts /Science/ Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a
i. Certificate of proof of age. (Admit Card or Certificate of H.S.L.C. or equivalent examination).
ii. Pass Certificate of Graduation (BA / B. Sc / B.Com or equivalent examination).
iii. Mark sheet of BA / B. Sc / B.Com or equivalent examination.
iv. Employment Exchange Registration Card.
v. Certificate of Caste from Competent Authority in Assam. NO CASTE CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY OTHER STATES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
vi. NCC Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any (for which the Candidate would be claiming weightage marks).
The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts- (i) Logical reasoning, Aptitude, English Comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge.
- Candidates will use black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet.
- The question paper for Written Exam will be in the following languages. English/Assamese/ Bodo/ Bengali.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST :- 40 Marks
The Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks. It will have 2 (two) events viz.
a) 1600 meters race for Male Candidates and 800 meters race for Female Candidates.
b) Long Jump – for Male 335 cm (minimum) and for Female 244 cm (minimum), 3 chances (longest valid jump will be considered).
- a) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will have to appear in 1600 meters race to be completed within 450 seconds. Maximum qualifying time 450 seconds.
- b) Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
Award of marks for 1600 metres.
Time taken 300 Sec. or less : 20 marks
For the next 30 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.12 marks per second.
Thus, for 330 Sec. or less but more than 329 Sec. : 16.4 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.08 marks per second.
Thus, for 370 Sec. or less but more than 369 Sec. : 13.2 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.05 marks per second.
Thus, for 410 Sec. or less but more than 409 Sec. : 11.2 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.03 marks per second.
Thus, for 450 Sec. or less but more than 449 Sec. : 10 marks
Award of marks for Long Jump
For less than 335 cm no marks will be awarded. A valid jump of 335cm is the minimum qualifying level.
Marks for 335 cm : 10 marks
For the next 65 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.04 per cm.
Thus, marks for 400 cm : 12.6 marks
For the next 50 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.06 per cm.
Thus, marks for 450 cm : 15.6 marks
For the next 30 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.08 per cm.
Thus, marks for 480 cm : 18 marks
For the next 20 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.10 per cm.
Thus, marks for 500 cm : 20 marks
No additional marks will be awarded for jump of more than 500 cm.
a) Race : Those who qualify in the PST will have to appear in 800 meters race to be
completed within 240 seconds. Maximum qualifying time -240 seconds.
b) Long Jump : Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest
valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).