Gauhati University PG Admission open 2020

  • Post published:August 7, 2020

Gauhati University PG Admission (MA, MSc and MCom) Notice 2020

All the students who have passed or appearing in the final semester, those students can apply for PG Pre-Admission in Online application form will be live on the admission portal of Gauhati University on 5 August 2020 The admission process will be fully online, including payment of application fee.

Online Link (Click Here)

Official Notice (Click Here)

ELIGIBILITY

(A) B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. (in 10+2+3 pattern) with Major/honours courses in the concerned subject or B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (in 10+2+3 pattern) with a general pass course with at least 45% Marks in the concerned subject as well as in aggregate or
equivalent CGPA. [45% Marks is to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part I and Part II of the (2+1) pattern and part I, part II and Part III of the (1+1+1) pattern are eligible to seek admission to the University. However, certain specific eligibility criteria have been fixed by the concerned departments and these are applicable especially for the interdisciplinary subjects.
(B) The admissions will be conducted on the basis of merit in the Qualifying Examination based on G.U Rules.
(C) An applicant who has completed a Postgraduate Course from GU on an earlier occasion or got admitted into a Postgraduate Course of GU, whether completed or not, will be considered for fresh admission irrespective of whatever quota he/ he claims, if any, only when all fresh candidates including those from Wait List and all statutory quotas, including other quota like EC, NCC, Fringe Village etc. are admitted and seats remain vacant. Alternatively, he/she is not entitled to admission until the fresh applicants (first timers)

RESERVATION OF SEATS

• Scheduled Caste: 7%
• Scheduled Tribes (Plains): 10%
• Scheduled Tribes (Hill): 5%
• OBC & MOBC: 15%
• Differently Abled: 3% (for each Discipline of
Faculty)
• Sons and daughters of permanent GU
Employees: 1 Seat in each dept with intake
capacity 40 or less and 2 seats when the
intake is more than 40 students.
• Fringe Village: 10 seats
• GU Ex-Employees: 5 seats
• Ex- Defense: As per EC resolution
• Moran Community of Assam: 2 seats.
• Extra Curricular: 1 seat in each department.
• NCC & NSS: 5 seats.
• Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 10%
Reservation from unreserved category in each
subject.

UNIVERSITY-WISE SEAT MATRIX

• 80% seats in traditional programmes of study are exclusively reserved for GU students and remaining 20% seats for others.
• All interdisciplinary seats are open to all students irrespective of any university.

Procedure and guidelines to fill up the Pre-Admission Application Form.

1. Students and parents/guardians are advised to visit the web-pages of particular departments and colleges for necessary information.
2. Keep ready all documents and information required to submit along with the Application Form.
3. Follow the instructions step by step and proceed.
4. An applicant can apply to one Traditional Course and two Interdisciplinary Courses only. Please check the list of Traditional and Interdisciplinary Courses.
5. The Application Form for Admission is editable, but once you finally submit, it will no longer be editable.
6. You can submit the form even if your result is not declared; you will be given a duration of time (to be notified), to feed your marks obtained in the qualifying examination. After this period, the window will be closed.
7. The Email ID and phone number of the students and parents/guardians may be used for further communication.
8. Please check the eligibility conditions before submission of the On-line Application Form.
9. The provisional merit list of students will be published in the University website only.
10. The appearance of your name in the provisional merit list is not a guarantee of your admission. It depends on fulfillment of eligibility conditions and intake of the department/colleges for the concerned Course.
11. All are advised to keep visiting the website for any update regarding the Admission process from time to time.
12. The University is not responsible for any unwanted technical failure which may disturb the admission process, either at the University end or from the student’s end.

Gauhati University PG Admission Notice

Keeping in view, the present situation the Admission Committee Meeting held on 26-06-2020 has adopted the following resolutions to conduct the Post Graduate Admission process for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of Gauhati University for the session 2020-21. As some changes in the existing Ordinance on Admission of G.U. are required to cope up with the present pandemic situation the Secretary, University Classes, G.U. has been entrusted to get necessary approval from the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, G.U. in this regard.

 1. All fees relating to admission into different Post Graduate Courses of University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of Gauhati University for the session 2020-21 has been waived in accordance with notification No.AHE.639/2018/16 dated 10th June, 2020 from Higher Education Department, Govt. of Assam except the application fee of Rs. 250/- .

2. There will be no Common Entrance Test for admission into any Post Graduate Courses both for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of the University for the session 2020-21. Admissions will be based strictly on the performance and eligibility criteria of the respective qualifying examination.

3. As per Executive Council resolution No. R/EC-02/2020/13 dated 25.01.2020 Economically Weaker Section (EWS) i.e. 10% from the unreserved category will be reserved into the different Post Graduate Courses for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of the University

4. Tentative date for opening of Online Admission Portal: 15th of July, 2020 (after 5:00 p.m.).Necessary documents including marksheets, certificates, ESW, etc can be uploaded at a later time also.

5. In Admission into the Traditional Program of Study, 80% of total intake will be reserved for Gauhati University Students. The remaining 20% will be reserved for other than Gauhati University Students.

6. All other condition as mentioned in the relevant Ordinance on Admission of G.U. will be followed.

Leave a Reply