Gauhati University is conducting the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET)-2022 for admission to the Post Graduate Courses under Gauhati University and affiliated colleges for the academic year 2022-2023. The PGET-2022 will be held in 11 centres of North Eastern States as per the details given below.
- Opening of online application form: 20/06/2022 (05:00 PM)
- Last date for submission of online application form: 07/07/2022 (12:00 Mid night)
- Date of PGET-2022: 19/07/2022 to 21/07/2022
- Date of entrance test: 19th July to 21st July 2022
Guwahati, Barpeta, Shillong, Dhubri, Tezpur, Lakhimpur,
Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Diphu and Silchar
- HSLC Marksheet
- HS Marksheet
- Degree Admit any sem (if your result is waiting) and Marksheet (if passed)
- Cast Certificate (If you have)
- EWS Certificate (if you have)
- PWD Certificate (if you have)
- Email ID Phone Number
MA, MSc and MCom
Application Fee of Rs.400 (Note মই 3/4 জনৰ Application কৰিছো । টকা কাটিলৈছে 800 কৈ)
Entrance Examination process
- The entrance examination will be of two-hour duration and OMR-based multiple choie question type (MCQ).
- There will be 100 questions. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded while for each wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- A student can opt for appearing in the entrance examination for a maximum of three subjects (one traditional and two interdisciplinary)
Links of Gauhati University
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Admission Notification||Click Here|
|Information Brouchre||Click Here|
|Online Apply Manual||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
MA/MSc/MCom Seat Capacity
Other Course Seat Capacity Click Here
PG Admission Reservation of Seats
- Scheduled Caste: 7%
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains): 10%
- Scheduled Tribes (Hill): 5%
- OBC & MOBC: 15%
- Differently Abled: 3% (for each Discipline of Faculty)
- Sons and daughters of permanent GU Employees Quota:
1 for Seat in each dept with intake capacity 40 or less and
2 seats when the intake is more than 40 students.
- Fringe Village: 10 seats
- GU Ex-Employees: 5 seats
- Ex- Defense: As per EC resolution
- Moran Community of Assam: 2 seats.
- Extra Curricular: 1 seat in each department.
- NCC & NSS: 5 seats.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 10%